drs Paul van Oordt MCITP‑dba
Freelance SQL Server specialist and troubleshooter
firstname.lastname@example.org - +31 627400408
LinkedIn - curriculum vitae
vanoordt.nl - Nederlands
As a freelance specialist and troubleshooter with experience in the area of Microsoft SQL Server since 1999, I have worked with some 200 SQL Server environments. Also because of the large number of courses I delivered I have a very thorough knowledge of the features and internals of this product. Graduated in Applied Logic relational modelling is very natural to me. Database design, performance tuning, T-SQL programming and database administration are subjects that I still very much like, whether in the context of software development, troubleshooting, advice or training - classroom or on the job.
- languages: Dutch, English ++, German +‑
- availability: for short contracts I am usually available, the shorter (and more interesting), the bigger the chance
- rate: senior
Freelance SQL Server consultant
independent entrepeneur from September 1997
From 1997 I have worked for about 180 customers (200+ projects), usually in a direct relation.
In the past years I have done:
- tens of short contracts in the area SQL Server performance tuning, optimalisation and troubleshooting
- tens of contracts involving development, data modelling, database design and T-SQL programmering
- tens of contracts in the area of SQL Server administration, for instance license and edition selection, resource planning, installation, configuration of back-up procedures, selection of high availability and scalability options, migrations, et cetera
- many hundreds days of classroom training, both Microsoft Official Curriculum as tailer made in house sessions
- some ten contracts in the area of business intelligence, involving (support with) modelling and implementation of reports and OLAP cubes with SQL Server Reporting Services and Analysis Services
- creation, development and management of a SaaS event calendar with SQL Server and ASP.NET
For 10 months from July 2017 I shared my SQL Server expertise with Axis into ICT, a firm of very experienced Oracle specialists, and helped them to develop their position on the market for Microsoft SQL Server consultancy, while continuing as a freelance specialist as well.
Consultant / project manager at TNO
February 1991 through August 1997
Mainly projects in the area of documentation and diagnosis of complex technical systems.
Knowledge engineer / project leader at Bolesian BV
September 1988 through January 1991
Mainly projects and studies aimed at the realisation of expert systems in the financial sector.
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional: Database Administrator (MCITP-dba)
- master degree Applied Logic with as subsidiaries: Computer Science, Psychology and Epistomology, August 1988, University of Utrecht
- graduation study into formal software specification languages at the Software Engineering Research Centrum (SERC) in Utrecht
- creation and delivery of a course Knowledge Representation (student assistent)
- degree Human Resources, June 1983, Haagse Sociale Academie
- Argentine tango
- playing guitar